I am a Data Scientist and Statistician with more than 18 years of experience in academia and industry combined.
Currently, I work as a Principal Data Scientist at ConcertAI — a Real World Evidence AI company in the USA.
As a healthcare data scientist, I provide strategic guidance for the development, validation, and use of algorithms for data-based decision-making.
I work at the intersection of computer science and statistics. I found that data science and machine learning are separate in the sense that they need to be distinguished. In my opinion, the science part of data science is statistics.
Needless to say, most of my works fall under the scientific aspect of data science.
Being primarily a statistician, I have a long history of using R for statistical computing and graphics. R is also my go-to language for research.
In the industry, I primarily use Python. However, I choose tools depending on the scope of the project and not merely because of how I feel about a particular tool.
- Jahidur R. Khan, Jabed H. Tomal, and Enayetur Raheem. “Model and variable selection using machine learning methods with applications to childhood stunting in Bangladesh’ ’. Informatics for Health and Social Care
- Mohammad Sorowar Hossain, Shameema Ferdous, Enayetur Raheem and Mahbubul H Siddiqee. “Double burden of malnutrition: A perspective from developing countries.’” The Lancet
- Hossain MS, Siddiqee MH, Siddiqi UR, Raheem E, Akter R, Hu W (2020) “Dengue in a crowded megacity: Lessons learnt from 2019 outbreak in Dhaka, Bangladesh.” PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 14(8): e0008349.
- Poliakin, Lauren, Amanda Roberts, Kyle J. Thompson, Enayetur Raheem, Iain H. McKillop, and Abdelrahman Nimeri. “Outcomes of adolescents compared with young adults after bariatric surgery: an analysis of 227,671 patients using the MBSAQIP data registry.” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases: Official Journal of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery (2020).
- Barbat, Selwan D., Kyle J. Thompson, Enayetur Raheem, Iain H. Mckillop, Nicholas Dugan, and Abdelrahman Nimeri. “Bariatric surgery outcomes when assisted by fellows and residents: an MBSAQIP analysis of 477,670 patients.” Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases (2020).
- Hossain, Mohammad Sorowar, Md Mahbub Hasan, Enayetur Raheem, Muhammad Sougatul Islam, Abdullah Al Mosabbir, Mary Petrou, Paul Telfer, and Mahbubul H. Siddiqee. “Lack of knowledge and misperceptions about thalassaemia among college students in Bangladesh: a cross‑sectional baseline study.” Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases 15, no. 1 (2020): 1‑10.